Smua gmbr2 yg diambik kat Barney’s blhle dilihat bila tekan SINI!
It took me so long just to compile all those photos! But it’s worth my patience =)
Sbnrnyekn, sye nk crita dlm BM… tapi lpas fikir2 byk kali… sori, xjd!
Here’s an overall view of what I’ve got from work…
1. Malay Lifestyle (speaking of the other side, what I’ve never seen before)
– Slow and easy, cukup mkn cukup. Which actually explains why most of them never make it big when they open a shop. Keep opening late, closing early (not to condemn, but it’s a fact). 10 minutes to closing time can really make a huge difference! Within that 10 minutes 2-8 customers can walk in the shop!
– All the guys smoke. At such a young age they start smoking! Some even start at 12 years old! This is the most bothering issue to me! If they live up to 50 years old, that would be 38 years of smoking! Imagine their lungs! Imagine how much $$ wasted! One pack per day, maybe more than just one pack (one pack consists of 9 cigarette buds, costs around 5-6 bucks). On the side note, I never got a chance to hold a cigarette bud! They don’t even let me hold the cigarette box? Hahha. In school I was wondering, how many lower six has already started smoking… how can they tahan not smoking during school hours?
– Payroll. Money come, spend. It’s normal to take advanced pay. We get our pay every half a month and end of the month. And yet, they still have to take advanced pay? Oh, not enough? Have to borrow from people? Hahha.
– Education. Most of the kitchen people (I think all of them), after Form 5 they straight away start working. Wah, the jobs they had last time… so many different jobs.. hoping from one job to another… When I got my SPM results, one of them asked, “Ade fail x?” Which means that failing is common to them. After they heard that I got 9A’s for SPM… two of them asked, “Tien, cita-cita nak jdi ape? Doktor eh?” Haha. It’s weird, ’cause it’s like sooo good for them… and when I’m in the midst of those going for JPA interview… it’s like nothing compared to theirs! Hahha. But anyhow, I am satisfied with my results.
Ah. There’s so much more to say, but the rest are just “work politics”. Hahha.
2. My Chinese has improved!
Going back to school… speaking Chinese… all my friends say that my Chinese has improved! Yayyie! =D
3. I’ve learnt how to read Malay text messages!
It’s not that easy ‘cos they type following the way the word sounds.
4. History on the Today’s Special Menu board!
Writing it everyday can really make me run out of ideas. Hahha. But I enjoyed it anyhow. And it’s sometimes different from the usual (it’s a fact). Hahha! During Mother’s Day, I was privileged to work on a brand new board with Abg Najib =) He’s good too!
I don’t know why Barney’s punch card machine is 5 minutes faster.
Conclusion: If you don’t want to continue studying after high school, make sure you have enough skills to work a job that will pay you a real degree holder’s pay. If you can only earn less than 1000 a month, forget it. Go study. And study hard!